As an avid scuba diver, I’ve scoured the depths to find the best scuba diving dive bags. These bags are essential for any diver, providing the reliability and durability needed to carry all your gear.
In this review, I’ll dive into the top options on the market, assessing their performance, durability, versatility, and weight. From the Cressi Moby 5 Trolley to the Aqua Lung Explorer, I’ll cover a range of bags that cater to different preferences.
Get ready to upgrade your dive bag and enhance your underwater adventures.
Table of Contents
- The Cressi Moby 5 Trolley and Aqua Lung Explorer are considered the best overall scuba and dive bags.
- The Aqua Lung Explorer and Cressi Gorilla Pro XL are known for their durability.
- The TUSA Roller Duffel Bag and Aqua Lung Explorer are the most versatile scuba and dive bags.
- The Scubapro Mesh N Roll Bag and Kraken Aquatics Mesh are the most lightweight scuba and dive bags.
Best Scuba Diving Dive Bags
I have researched the best scuba diving dive bags and found some top options.
The Cressi Moby 5 is a large-wheeled suitcase with a lightweight yet durable nylon shell and convenient compartments.
The Aqua Lung Explorer is a versatile excursion bag perfect for packing water sports essentials and exploring the ocean’s flora and fauna.
Cressi Moby 5: Designed in Italy
The Cressi Moby 5, designed in Italy, is a highly recommended scuba diving dive bag due to its durability and functionality. Made of 300 and 400 Denier fabric, this bag is both lightweight and incredibly strong. Its main compartment opens on three sides, allowing for easy access to your gear. Additionally, it features two large bellows pockets in the front with zip closures, two side pockets for fins, and a small upper pocket for an address tag.
The adjustable, padded backpack straps make it comfortable to carry on your back, and the reinforced pull handle is telescopic and fully retractable. The bag also has removable and replaceable wheels, reinforced carrying handles, and supporting rods to keep it in a vertical position. With a capacity of 4 cubic feet (115 liters), this bag offers ample space for all your scuba diving equipment.
- Dimensions: 30 in (76 cm) height, 15.7 in (40 cm) long, 11 in (28 cm) wide
- Capacity: 4 cubic feet (115 liters)
- Weight: 10.6 lb (4.8 kg)
- Material: 300 and 400 Denier fabric
- Design: Made in Vietnam, designed by Cressi in Italy
- Durable and lightweight fabric
- Easy access to main compartment
- Multiple pockets for storage
- Adjustable, padded backpack straps
- Removable and replaceable wheels
- Reinforced carrying handles
- Supporting rods for vertical positioning
- Spacious capacity
- Potential snagging of straps
- Higher price point compared to other dive bags
Aqua Lung Explorer Mesh Duffel Bag
I love the convenience and durability of the Aqua Lung Explorer Mesh Duffel Bag for all my scuba diving gear.
This bag is made of mesh material, which makes it pliable and easy to store. The wide opening with a U-shaped zipper allows for easy access to all my gear. The bag is also very durable, as the zipper still works flawlessly even after rinsing it after every dive. It’s a good size and seems to be of good quality.
The Aqua Lung Explorer Mesh Duffel Bag has many convenient features. The large U-shaped zipper makes it easy to get gear in and out of the bag without getting caught on tank straps. While it doesn’t have a shoulder strap, it does have hooks for one. The bag is also versatile and can hold all my dive gear, including my BCD, fins, snorkel, and mask, with room to spare. It’s suitable for snorkeling and lobster gear as well.
In terms of capacity, the bag is spacious and can hold everything needed for a long day on the boat. It’s large enough to fit my BCD, wetsuit, small weight bag, boots, Scubapro nova fins, towel, 2 shirts, and 2 shorts. Compared to other bags, the Aqua Lung Explorer Mesh Duffel Bag is of better quality and worth the extra money.
- Material: Mesh
- Zipper: U-shaped, three-sided opening
- Size: Spacious and versatile
- Convenient U-shaped zipper
- Durable and high-quality
- Spacious and versatile
- Doesn’t come with a shoulder strap
TUSA – Dive Gear Roller Duffle Bag in Black
The TUSA Dive Gear Roller Duffle Bag in Black is a top choice for scuba divers looking for a durable and convenient gear storage solution. This bag is made from water-resistant, 100% nylon material with mesh details. It features a zipper closure and measures 28 L x 18 W x 14 H. The bag has three handles and mesh drains, allowing for easy handling and quick drying. It also has a large outer double-zippered pocket for additional storage. The heavy-duty, smooth gliding wheels make it easy to maneuver the bag.
- Product Specs:
- Material: Water-resistant, 100% nylon with mesh details
- Size: 28 L x 18 W x 14 H
- Closure: Zipper
- Handles: Three handles, mesh drains
- Pocket: Large outer double-zippered pocket
- Wheels: Heavy-duty, smooth gliding wheels
- Spacious interior with lots of room to store gear
- Easy to maneuver and lightweight
- Additional pockets for quick access to items
- Durable design with hard plastic runners on the bottom
- Fits travel BC, large fins, wet suits, and other gear with room to spare
- Large fins don’t fit in the side fin pocket
- Strap handle and cinch straps hang out and flap around
- Smaller/lighter duty zippers on some pockets
Scubapro Mesh Sach Gear Backpack Bag
I really like the Scubapro Mesh Sach Gear Backpack Bag for its durability and lightweight design.
This bag is made of durable, lightweight nylon mesh, making it perfect for holding snorkeling and tropical dive gear. Its large main compartment can accommodate bigger gear, while the front exterior pocket is ideal for storing smaller items.
The bag is equipped with a top rope and sliding, spring-loaded button closure for added security. It also features padded shoulder straps for easy carrying and can be folded into a compact size for convenient storage.
With dimensions of 26×15.4in/66x39cm (diameter) and a weight of 1.1lbs/500g, this bag offers a volume of 21.1gal/80L.
- Material: Nylon
- Dimensions: 26×15.4in/66x39cm (diameter)
- Weight: 1.1lbs/500g
- Volume: 21.1gal/80L
- Durable and lightweight design
- Large main compartment for bigger gear
- Front exterior pocket for smaller items
- Top rope with sliding, spring-loaded button closure for security
- Padded shoulder straps for easy carrying
- Folds into a compact size for storage
- The bag doesn’t stand up on its own
- Limited warranty coverage
- Mesh may not provide complete protection from odors and mold.
Stahlsac Caicos Cargo Pack
The Stahlsac Caicos Cargo Pack is a top-rated scuba diving dive bag known for its durable frame and multiple internal/external pockets. This bag is designed to meet the needs of scuba divers by providing ample storage space for their gear. With its high profile, lightweight frame, the Caicos Cargo Pack offers a sturdy and reliable option for transporting scuba equipment.
The bag features multiple internal and external pockets, allowing divers to organize their gear efficiently. The side pockets are large enough to accommodate XL fins, ensuring that all necessary equipment can be easily stored. Made from durable nylon Cordura material, this bag is built to withstand the rigors of dive travel. Additionally, the Caicos Cargo Pack comes with a lifetime limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, providing peace of mind to users.
- Brand: Stahlsac
- Model: Caicos Cargo Pack
- Color: Red
- Material: Nylon
- Dimensions: 33 x 14 x 19 inches
- Weight: 9.9 pounds
- Number of Items: 1
- Suggested Users: Unisex-adult
- Sport Type: Scuba Diving
- Durable frame
- Multiple internal/external pockets
- Side pockets large enough for XL fins
- Lifetime limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship
- Some customers mentioned minor tears on the corners caused by airline baggage handlers
- Side fin pockets not long enough for standard size large adult male fins
- Disappointment with the design and functionality of the bag
Cressi GORILLA PRO XL Waterproof Dive Bag
I love how the Cressi GORILLA PRO XL Waterproof Dive Bag provides ample storage space for scuba and freediving equipment. With a capacity of 135 liters, this bag is perfect for carrying all of your gear. Made from strong RF welded seam PVC, it is both durable and waterproof, making it ideal for transporting your equipment on a boat. The bag features sturdy straps for easy carrying and a draining cap for washing your gear while keeping everything contained. The zippers are tough and the bag has plenty of room to hold all of your gear securely. However, some customers have reported exterior damage to the bag, although the contents remained intact. Additionally, a few customers found the bag larger than expected and were disappointed with the lack of a shoulder carry strap and a firm base for scuba equipment.
- Capacity: 135 liters
- Material: RF welded seam PVC
- Measurement: 95 x 34 x 42 cm | 37.43 x 13.40 x 16.55 in
- Ample storage space
- Durable and waterproof
- Easy to carry with sturdy straps
- Draining cap for washing gear
- Exterior damage reported
- Bag may be larger than expected
- Lack of shoulder carry strap and firm base for scuba equipment
Kraken Aquatics Mesh Dive Duffle Bag
Kraken Aquatics Mesh Dive Duffle Bag is highly recommended by users for its spacious design and ability to hold all diving gear in one place. This bag is perfect for scuba diving, snorkeling, spearfishing, freediving, swimming, and beach sports.
The mesh material allows for easy rinsing and quick drying of equipment, while the zippered side mesh pocket provides convenient storage for small items. There’s also an additional storage pocket inside the bag for personal items.
The adjustable shoulder strap makes carrying the bag a breeze, especially when it’s loaded with heavy gear. With dimensions of 30′ long, 13′ wide, and 13′ tall, this large bag offers ample space for all your diving essentials.
- Package dimensions: 12.8′ x 11.9′ x 2.6′
- Package weight: 0.18 kilograms
- Item dimensions: 13′ x 13′ x 1.5′
- Brand: Kraken Aquatics
- Color: Black
- Number of items: 1
- Manufacturer: Kraken Aquatics
- Part number: KA401-LG
- Size: Large
- Sport type: Snorkeling, Swimming
- ASIN: B01IUDVSZY
- Spacious design to hold all diving gear
- Mesh material for easy rinsing and quick drying
- Zippered side mesh pocket for small item storage
- Additional storage pocket for personal items
- Adjustable shoulder strap for easy carrying
- Durable zippers and mesh material
- Excellent customer service from the owner
- Shoulder strap may not withstand heavy loads, recommend using hand straps for support
Mares Cruise Backpack Mesh Deluxe Travel Gear Sports Bag
I highly recommend the Mares Cruise Backpack Mesh Deluxe Travel Gear Sports Bag for scuba diving. This bag is designed to withstand the rigors of travel and the demands of scuba diving. It has durable construction, easy access features, and mesh for water drainage.
The bag has a drawstring top and full lateral zipper, allowing for quick and easy access to your gear. The mesh construction ensures that water can drain out after your dive. The PVC body of the bag keeps you dry while carrying wet gear. Additionally, there is an outer pocket that provides convenient storage for your regulator and computer.
In terms of comfort, the bag features padded shoulder straps and grab handles, making it comfortable to carry. The anti-skid base keeps the bag stable, even on uneven surfaces.
Here are some specific details about the bag:
- Package Dimensions: 14.88 x 10.83 x 4.25 inches
- Package Weight: 1.04 Kilograms
- Item Dimensions: 16 x 17 x 29 inches
- Item Weight: 2 Pounds
- Brand Name: Mares
- Color: Black
- Material: Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Manufacturer: Mares
- Part Number: 415596
- Model Year: 2016
- Style: Durable
- Size: One Size
- Sport Type: Diving
Pros of the Mares Cruise Backpack Mesh Deluxe Travel Gear Sports Bag include its durable construction, easy access features, and mesh for water drainage. The padded shoulder straps make it comfortable to carry, and the outer pocket provides additional storage. The anti-skid base ensures stability.
However, there are a few cons to consider. Some users would like an additional smaller pocket for organization. Additionally, the drawstring may not hold well for some users. Lastly, the price may be a bit high for some budgets.
Overall, the Mares Cruise Backpack Mesh Deluxe Travel Gear Sports Bag is a reliable and practical choice for scuba divers.
Akona Globetrotter All-in-One Carry-On Backpack
The Akona Globetrotter All-in-One Carry-On Backpack is a versatile and practical choice for scuba divers looking for a convenient way to carry their gear. This backpack is specifically designed for the AKONA Pro Reg Bag and has room for a BCD, mask, snorkel, and neoprene accessories. It also features compression straps to secure fins to the outside of the bag.
Made by AKONA, an American Sporting Goods Brand specializing in watersports since 1992, this backpack is well-regarded by customers for its functionality, size, and ability to fit scuba gear. Some customers have mentioned minor issues with the fin straps and backpack harness, but overall, the bag is well-made and suitable for air travel with dive gear.
- Zipper closure
- Specifically designed for the AKONA Pro Reg Bag
- Room for BCD, Mask, Snorkel, and neoprene accessories
- Compression Straps to secure fins to the outside of the bag
- Fits all scuba gear, including BCD, wet suit, boots, masks, DSMB, dive torch, fins, etc.
- Opens up to stow everything, well-made and perfect for air travel
- Able to fit gear for single tank setup and side mount diving
- Fin straps are too short, backpack harness is uncomfortable when fully loaded
- Bag isn’t TSA-friendly if regulator is kept on the bottom, zipper around the bottom would be helpful
- Straps that hold fins are too short, bag loses internal volume, not enough room for heavy gear
Meister Mesh Duffel Backpack Dive Bag
This Meister Mesh Duffel Backpack Dive Bag is perfect for scuba divers who want a versatile and lightweight option to carry their gear. With its super strong chain mesh construction, this bag allows for optimal water and air flow, ensuring that your gear will dry quickly and efficiently. Measuring 29 x 15 x 15 inches, it offers ample space to fit all your scuba diving equipment.
The comfortable backpack straps make it easy to carry, whether you’re hiking to a dive site or navigating through a crowded airport. Additionally, the bag features a large water-resistant side pocket, perfect for storing personal items that need to stay dry.
- Super strong chain mesh construction
- Dimensions: 29 x 15 x 15 inches
- Lightweight: weighs under two pounds
- Comfortable backpack straps
- Large water-resistant side pocket
- Versatile and lightweight design
- Ample space to fit all scuba diving gear
- Quick-drying mesh fabric
- Comfortable backpack straps for easy carrying
- Water-resistant side pocket for personal items
- May be too large for some users
- Mesh fabric may be prone to snagging
- Limited organization pockets inside
ScubaMax Durable Hard Nylon Mesh Bag
I love how the ScubaMax Durable Hard Nylon Mesh Bag offers a durable and spacious option for carrying scuba diving gear. Made of hard mesh with PVC coated nylon, this bag is built to withstand the rigors of underwater adventures. The dive flag and side panels add an extra layer of safety, making it easy for others to spot you in the water.
The large front mesh pocket with Velcro closure provides convenient storage for smaller items. The adjustable and removable shoulder strap allows for comfortable carrying, while the dimensions of 30 x 16 inches offer ample space for all your scuba gear.
- Made of hard mesh with PVC coated nylon
- Dive flag and side panels for added safety
- Large front mesh pocket with Velcro closure
- Adjustable and removable shoulder strap
- Dimensions: 30 x 16 inches
- Durable construction for long-lasting use
- Spacious design can accommodate a family of 4’s snorkel gear or two complete scuba kits
- Easy to wash and quick to dry
- Water drains out even if the bag is fully submerged
- Some customers have mentioned the absence of a shoulder strap despite it being shown in the product pictures
- The bag may be bigger than necessary for two complete snorkel kits
- Limited color options available
Factors to consider when buying a scuba diving dive bags
When buying a scuba diving dive bag, there are several factors to consider.
The material durability ensures that the bag can withstand the harsh underwater environment.
Size and capacity are important to accommodate all the necessary equipment, while weight distribution comfort allows for easy transportation.
Waterproofing and sealing ensure the protection of gear, and accessibility of compartments allows for easy organization.
Material Durability Options
I highly recommend considering the material durability options when choosing a scuba diving dive bag. The material of the bag plays a crucial role in its longevity and ability to withstand the harsh conditions of underwater environments. Here are two key factors to consider:
- Waterproof Materials:
- Look for dive bags made from waterproof materials such as PVC or Nylon mesh. These materials provide excellent protection against water damage and ensure that your gear stays dry during your dives.
- Waterproof materials also help prevent the growth of mold and mildew, which can be detrimental to both your equipment and your health.
- Heavy-Duty Construction:
- Opt for dive bags that have reinforced stitching and durable zippers. These features enhance the overall strength and durability of the bag, allowing it to withstand rough handling and heavy loads.
- Additionally, bags with sturdy handles and straps ensure easy transportation and reduce the risk of tearing or breaking.
Size and Capacity
The size and capacity of a scuba diving dive bag are crucial factors to consider when choosing the perfect bag for all my equipment. To provide a visual representation of ideas, here is a table showcasing the best scuba diving dive bags:
|Bag||Material||Capacity||Dimensions (inches)||Weight (lbs)|
|Cressi Moby 5 Trolley||300- & 400-Denier Nylon||N/A||31.5 x 15.7 x 11||10.6|
|Aqua Lung Explorer||Polyester mesh||N/A||29 x 14 x 12||1.8|
|TUSA Roller Duffel Bag||Nylon mesh||N/A||28 x 18 x 14||8.6|
|Scubapro Mesh N Roll Bag||Polyester mesh||N/A||27 x 15 x 13||1.7|
When choosing a dive bag, it is important to consider the dimensions and weight to ensure it can accommodate all my equipment and be easily transported. The Cressi Moby 5 Trolley offers a large capacity and durable nylon construction, but it is on the heavier side. The Aqua Lung Explorer is lightweight and perfect for water sports essentials, but lacks a shoulder strap. The TUSA Roller Duffel Bag is versatile and has multiple handles, but the exterior pocket may not fit large fins. The Scubapro Mesh N Roll Bag has a cage-like design for safe storage, but the mesh material may not be as tough as desired.
Weight Distribution Comfort
An important factor to consider when choosing a scuba diving dive bag is the comfort of weight distribution. When it comes to scuba diving, carrying heavy equipment is inevitable. Therefore, having a dive bag that evenly distributes the weight across your body is crucial for a comfortable diving experience.
There are two main aspects to consider when evaluating the weight distribution comfort of a dive bag:
- Padding and Straps:
- Look for dive bags that have well-padded shoulder straps and back panels. This will help alleviate the pressure on your shoulders and back.
- Adjustable straps allow you to customize the fit of the bag, ensuring a snug and comfortable carry.
- Ergonomic Design:
- Dive bags with a contoured shape and ergonomic design are specifically engineered to distribute the weight evenly on your body.
- Consider bags with waist and sternum straps, as they provide additional support and stability.
Waterproofing and Sealing
When purchasing a scuba diving dive bag, it’s important to consider the waterproofing and sealing to ensure the protection of your gear. A high-quality dive bag should have effective waterproofing measures in place, such as a durable and water-resistant material like PVC or nylon. Additionally, the bag should feature strong and reliable sealing mechanisms, such as welded seams or watertight zippers, to prevent water from entering the bag and damaging your equipment. Proper waterproofing and sealing are crucial to keep your gear dry and protected during transport or when exposed to water.
Now, let’s move on to the next important factor to consider when choosing a scuba diving dive bag: the accessibility of compartments.
Accessibility of Compartments
I prefer scuba diving dive bags that have multiple compartments and a coordinating conjunction to keep my gear organized and easily accessible. Here are some reasons why:
- Multiple compartments allow for efficient organization of different diving equipment, such as masks, regulators, wetsuits, and fins. This ensures that each piece of gear has its designated space, reducing the risk of damage or misplacement. It also allows for easy accessibility during dives, as I can quickly locate and retrieve the required gear.
- A coordinating conjunction, such as zippers or Velcro straps, further enhances the organization by securing the compartments together. This prevents the gear from shifting or mixing together during transportation, maintaining the organization. It also helps to keep the gear in place while carrying the dive bag, preventing unnecessary movement and potential damage.
With these features, I can have peace of mind knowing that my scuba diving gear is well-organized and readily accessible for my underwater adventures. Now, let’s explore the different carrying and transport options available for dive bags.
Carrying and Transport Options
When choosing a scuba diving dive bag, it is important to consider the carrying and transport options available, such as handles and straps, to ensure convenient and comfortable transportation. A well-designed dive bag should have features that make it easy to carry and transport, especially when dealing with heavy and bulky gear. The table below highlights some of the best scuba diving dive bags based on their carrying and transport options:
|Bag Name||Carrying Options||Transport Options|
|Cressi Moby 5 Trolley||Trolley construction, padded straps||Large wheels, retractable handle|
|Aqua Lung Explorer||Webbing straps with padded handle||Collapsible design|
|TUSA Roller Duffel Bag||Multiple handles||Heavy-duty wheel system|
|Scubapro Mesh N Roll Bag||Padded shoulder strap||Rectangular shape, U-shaped zipper|
|Stahlsac Caicos Cargo Pack||Suitcase-style bag||Lightweight frame, high profile|
|Cressi Gorilla Pro XL||Adjustable straps||Waterproof PVC material|
|Kraken Aquatics Mesh||N/A||N/A|
These bags offer a variety of carrying and transport options, ensuring that divers can find the one that suits their needs and preferences. From trolley construction to multiple handles, these bags prioritize convenience and comfort during transportation.
Price Range Considerations
One thing I need to consider when buying a scuba diving dive bag is the price range. As a scuba diver, I want to ensure that I’m getting the best value for my money without compromising on quality. When it comes to price range considerations, there are two main factors to keep in mind:
- Budget: Determine how much you’re willing to spend on a dive bag. This will help narrow down your options and prevent overspending.
- Features: Consider the features and functionality you require in a dive bag. Some bags may have additional compartments, pockets, or specialized designs that can affect the price.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Key Factors to Consider When Buying a Scuba Diving Dive Bag?
When buying a scuba diving dive bag, consider factors like size, material, durability, and weight. Look for features such as easy access, multiple carrying options, and compartments for organizing gear.
How Do I Choose the Right Size Dive Bag for My Needs?
When choosing the right size dive bag for your needs, consider the amount of gear you typically bring on a dive. Look for a bag with enough storage space, compartments, and pockets to accommodate your equipment comfortably.
Can I Use a Scuba Diving Dive Bag for Other Water Sports Activities?
Yes, you can use a scuba diving dive bag for other water sports activities. The bags are designed to hold and protect equipment, making them suitable for activities like snorkeling, paddleboarding, and kayaking.
Are There Any Specific Features or Materials I Should Look for in a Scuba Diving Dive Bag?
When looking for a scuba diving dive bag, it’s important to consider specific features and materials. Look for a bag with durable construction, ample storage space, and comfortable carrying options. Waterproof materials and reinforced seams are also desirable.
Are There Any Regulations or Restrictions on Traveling With Scuba Diving Dive Bags?
There are no specific regulations or restrictions on traveling with scuba diving dive bags. However, it’s always a good idea to check with your airline to ensure that your bag meets their size and weight requirements.
After carefully reviewing and testing various scuba diving dive bags, it’s clear that the market offers a wide range of options to suit every diver’s needs. Whether you prefer a trolley bag for easy transportation or a duffel bag for versatility, there’s a bag out there for you.
Don’t forget to consider factors like durability, weight, and compactness when making your decision.
So, dive in and find the perfect dive bag that will accompany you on your underwater adventures!